A pre-approval is active when your customer stores their debit/credit card or bank account on file with our secure system. When an invoice is due, we can debit your customer automatically on the due date.
Pinch provides two types of pre-approval.
- Unlimited pre-approval
- Limited pre-approval
Unlimited pre-approval allows every invoice you generate for your customer to be automatically debited from their pre-approved card details. This includes any subscription payments, new invoices,
Limited pre-approval limits automatic debiting to only payments on a subscription. This allows your business and customer to know that payment plans are prioritised and paid on time, whilst any other invoices generated can be paid by the due date - whenever the customer is ready.
To ensure your customers are set up on limited pre-approval, first create your payment plan and then subscribe your customer to it!
For instructions on how to set up a payment plan, visit this page
Then follow these instructions to subscribe your customer to the plan and have them set up on limited pre-approval.
- Click on Plans and Subscriptions from the left menu.
- Click on the Payment Plan you would like to Subscribe a Customer to.
- Click on the Add Subscriber button in the Subscriptions area.
- In the Add Subscriber dialogue box, click in the Search for a Customer box and select the Customer you would like to Subscribe to the Payment Plan, then click the Create Subscription button.
Customers will be sent an email inviting them to Subscribe to the Payment Plan, the Subscription will commence from the date they enter their details).
- You will now see the Subscription show as Pending in the Subscriptions area of the Payment Plan in Pinch. Clicking on the Subscription will allow you to see more details of the Subscription.
- The Subscription details page shows the full schedule of Payments as well as the other details of the Subscription.
- Your Customer will receive an email with an invitation link to Subscribe to your Payment Plan.
- The Payment Plan details will be clearly shown to the Customer along with Payment options to sign up to the Subscription.
- Selecting a Payment method will allow the Customer to enter their information and then Confirm Subscription.
- Your Customer will receive an email confirming the Subscription Pre-Approval.
- You will also receive an email confirming the Customer completed the Subscription Pre-Approval.
- You will now see the Subscription show as Active in the Subscriptions area of the Payment Plan in Pinch. Clicking on the Subscription will allow you to see more details of the Subscription.
- The Subscription details page shows the updated status of the Payments in the schedule.